Wednesday, October 21, 2015

pale and vile

I first read Deep Carbon Observatory about a year ago. Reading it is like viewing The Descent: when successful it immerses you in claustrophobic places, sinking in despair. It leaves you in echoing darkness with only a slight breeze revealing the edge of an unknown precipice.

I do not know if I will ever run it. Certainly the play of the game is what makes it real, but DCO exists in some Platonic way as an ideal adventure - I fear no game will match the dark place it occupies in the mind. 

So I keep the Giant in my room to remember.



"He could come into your house though the front door. He could slowly squeeze his body up your stairs, filling the stairwell with his flesh, then send one questing hand through your bedroom door. He could squeeze his head into your room and look at you."

No comments:

Post a Comment